STERLING CITY — The Sterling City Eagles locked up second place in District 11-1A and are heading to the playoffs after defeating the Veribest Falcons 42-28 Friday evening.
The win gives the Eagles their first 20-win season since 2007 as Sterling City improves to 20-7, 9-2 in district play. Veribest falls to 20-7, 7-4 in district and are still alive for the third and final playoff spot in District 11-1A.
More Stories for you
• HIGHLIGHTS: Rams break out bats in game 1 win over Cameron
SAN ANGELO- The Angelo State Rams wasted no time in taking the lead over Cameron in game 1 of their 4 game series. In…
• Rams’ pitching complementing dangerous offense
SAN ANGELO — Angelo State is off to a 6-0 start due to its high powered offense and commanding pitching. The Rams…
• Belles softball excited to play in front of home crowd
SAN ANGELO- The Angelo State Belles softball finally gets to return home, for the George and Ola McCorkle Challenge….
• Belles tennis ready to write new chapter
SAN ANGELO- The Angelo State Belles tennis team is ready to write a new chapter in their short story thus far. Their…
• PREVIEW: Girls high school basketball playoffs by the numbers
SAN ANGELO — The Concho Valley will have at least 13 teams in the bi-district round of the girls high school…
• Girls High School Basketball Playoff Pairings
Class 6A R3 Central vs T4 North Crowley 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, in Brownwood Class 3A W4 Wall vs F3 Tornillo 4:30 p.m….