SAN ANGELO– A life long dream of playing for a National Team has come true to Gabby Villagrand.
The Sophomore Midfielder from Spring, Texas was called up to Panama’s 2020 CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying team. The Tournament she will compete in will take place at BBVA Stadium in Houston.
“It’s just really exciting that I get to be home where all my family is and everything,” Villagrand said. “I’m playing against girls that I’ve looked up to since I was younger. I don’t think I’ve really processed it yet.”
Panama’s first game will be against Costa Rica at 5:00 p.m.
More Stories for you
• Belles and Rams beat Greyhounds in tough road contests
PORTALES, NM– The Angelo State Belles and Rams bounced back from their losses against West Texas A&M from Thursday to…
• HIGHLIGHTS: Veribest remains unbeaten in 11-1A with win over Blackwell
VERIBEST- The unbeaten Veribest Falcons stay unbeaten with a win over 11-1A rivals, Blackwell, 61-30.
• HIGHLIGHTS: #25 Veribest takes down #14 Blackwell in 11-1A action
VERIBEST- The last time Lady Falcons and Lady Hornets met in Veribest, there was a district title on the line. Tonight,…
• Sonora picks up district win over Grape Creek, Harris notches 300th win
SAN ANGELO — Sonora head coach Clayton Harris earned his 300 win in stomping fashion as the Lady Broncos cruised past t…
• No. 12 Irion County makes it 20 in a row
ROBERT LEE — No. 12 Irion County opened its District 11-1A matchup against Robert Lee with an 18-0 first quarter and…
• HIGHLIGHTS: Central falls to No. 13 L.D. Bell for first loss in District 3-6A
SAN ANGELO — The Central Lady Cats lost to No. 13 L.D. Bell 61-35 for their first loss in District 3-6A Friday n…