- Two medium cucumbers—peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 avocados, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Serrano chile, seeded and chopped
- One 13-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Toasted coconut (unsweet) and Cilantro for garnish
In a food processor, puree the cucumbers until smooth. Add the avocados, curry paste, sugar, lime zest and chile. Process until blended. Add 3 1/2 cups of water, the coconut milk and lime juice and process until smooth. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 15 minutes.
Ladle the soup into small bowls or cups, garnish with the toasted coconut flakes and cilantro sprigs and serve.