PHILLY STYLE PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM
• 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 4 medium portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
• 1 onion, sliced
• 2 bell peppers, sliced
• kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 lb. sirloin sliced thinly across the grain
• 4 slices provolone
• chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350°. On a large baking sheet, brush mushroom caps with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place stem side-up. Bake for 10 minutes and then set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onion and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve the vegetables.
3. In the pan that the peppers and onions were cooked in add remaining olive oil to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Season the sliced steak all over with salt and pepper and cook until the steak is seared on both sides, about 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat and return vegetable mixture to the pan.
4. Spoon the steak mixture into mushroom caps then top with cheese. Bake until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted, about 15-18 minutes.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.