Layered Peppermint Bark
• 20 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped, divided
• 12 small candy canes crushed, divided
• 10 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
• 6 Tablespoons heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Line a 9×12 inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Melt half of the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over just barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Spread the white chocolate into the prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/4 of the crushed peppermints evenly over white chocolate. Chill until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate, heavy cream, and peppermint extract together in the top of a double boiler over just barely simmering water, stirring frequently, until just melted. Quickly pour the chocolate layer over the chilled white chocolate layer; spread evenly. Chill until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over just barely simmering water, stirring frequently, until just melted. Spread quickly over the chilled bark. Sprinkle with the remaining peppermint pieces; chill until firm, about 20 minutes. Cut or break into small pieces to serve.
More Stories for you
• Shrimp Remoulade Sliders
Shrimp Remoulade Sliders Ingredients REMOULADE • 1 cup mayonnaise • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard • 2 tablespoons prepa…
• Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Brussel Sprout Gratin Ingredients 8 ounces pancetta, small diced 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved, quartered…
• Healthy Shrimp Curry
Healthy Shrimp Curry YIELD: 4 servings INGREDIENTS • 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided • 1 pound shrimp, peeled and dev…
• Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
Sausage Cornbread Stuffing Ingredients Extra-virgin olive oil 1 large onion, small dice 3 ribs celery, small dice…
• Quinoa Buffalo Chicken Bowl
Quinoa Buffalo Chicken Bowl Ingredients • 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & shredded • 3/4 cup franks red…