Vitalant , formerly United Blood Services, has issued the following statement about the low blood supply in San Angelo and Tom Green County.
“The blood supply is at 1.5 days with 3 being optimum. The blood supply level continues to plummet with each passing day as more and more mobile blood drives are cancelling. At the Vitalant donation center, Monday was very busy – however Tuesday and Wednesday – only a handful of people donated. This trend needs to change at once – with more and more people donating to stave off the looming health care crisis – very little or no blood available.
Vitalant donation center at 2020 W. Beauregard has extended its hours of operation:
- Monday – Thursday – 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday – 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday March 29 – 8 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
Call 325-223-7500 for information or to make an appointment. Walkins are welcome! Click on this link to make an appointment https://www.vitalant.org/Home.aspx “
More Stories for you
• ‘Coronavirus: Facts Not Fear’ evening update – March 26, 2020
(NEXSTAR) — As the nation finds itself deep in the throes of a pandemic, Nexstar stations from around the country are p…
• Local West Texas drug store is selling their own hand sanitizer
SAN ANGELO, Texas — The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is allowing some local stores to create their own hand s…
• Abbott signs order forcing those who travel from New York area or New Orleans to self-quarantine for 2 weeks
AUSTIN, Texas (KETK) – Gov. Greg Abbott announced a new executive order to help combat the coronavirus and to try and…
• West Texas Counseling and Guidance offers help through the crisis
San Angelo, TX — With so much change and uncertainty surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic, there has been an increase in f…
• Texas Roadhouse CEO gives up salary, bonus to pay front-line workers during coronavirus pandemic
AUSTIN, Texas – Texas Roadhouse’s CEO is giving up his salary and bonuses this year to help employees during the cor…
• BREAKING: Starr County in rural South Texas on lockdown as first cases of COVID-19 confirmed
McALLEN, Texas (Border Report) — Residents in the rural South Texas county of Starr today went on lockdown to prevent…