WASHINGTON (WTRF) – The United States Navy is joining the Marines in their ban of Confederate battle flags.
Confederate battle flag displays will be prohibited from all bases, ships, aircrafts and submarines. Chief of Naval Operations, Michael A. Gilday, directed his staff to begin preparing an order on Tuesday.
According to a tweet by the Chief of Naval Operations, the order is being implemented to ensure ‘unit cohesion’ and to ‘uphold the Navy’s core values.’
- KLST Special: Get your NOAA weather alert radio with free shipping on us!
- KSAN Special: Get your NOAA weather alert radio with free shipping on us!
- ‘I’m ready to talk,’ Meghan Markle says ahead of Oprah interview
- KLST Afternoon Forecast: Friday, March 5th
- City of San Angelo seeks public input on Capital Improvement Plan