Kitchen fire in senior living facility triggers alarm

Top Stories

SAFD responded immediately, no major damage or injuries

SAN ANGELO, TX – The San Angelo Fire Department responded to an automatic fire alarm on the evening of Saturday, December 15 at the Christian Village Senior Apartments.

Battalion Chief Jay Neely said the first engine on-scene arrived to find the entire first floor filled with smoke, necessitating a full response. The cause turned out to be nothing more than mishandled food on a stove in the building kitchen.

Crews were able to ventilate and clear the smoke, and residents were shortly thereafter allowed back inside.

More Stories for you

• K & J on the Job – Tom’s Tire Pros: Learning to do an Oil Change
In this week’s K & J on the Job, Kristen takes her car to Tom’s Tire Pros where she learns how to do an oil change on…

• Producers Livestock Auction Report for Monday, December 16th
Jody Frey from Producers Livestock Auction Company has the latest on livestock sales. This is last week of sales…

• Concho Valley Birthday Roll Call
Good morning Concho Valley! It’s time for the Concho Valley Birthday Roll Call! Local Concho Valley Birthdays for…

• Bust Stop Forecast and SAISD Breakfast and Lunch Menus
Temperatures to begin our day will start in the Upper 30s and Lower 40s at drop off time for most of the Concho Valley….

• 18th annual Sierra Lights illuminates San Angelo
SAN ANGELO, TX – The 18th annual Sierra Lights lit up the south end of San Angelo on Saturday, December 15. The…

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Current status of COVID-19 testing in San Angelo