CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — The U.S. Postal Service is preparing for an increased number of gifts being mailed this holiday season because of the pandemic.
Sunday delivery will be expanded beginning Nov. 29 to locations with high package volumes. USPS already delivers packages on Sundays in most major cities.
Post office leaders say the mail season usually peaks two weeks before Christmas, as procrastinators complete their last-minute shopping. They’ve announced the shipping deadlines to get your presents to their destination in time for Christmas day.
2020 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
The Postal Service recommends the following mailing and shipping deadlines for expected delivery by Dec. 25 to Air/Army Post Office/Fleet Post Office/Diplomatic Post Office and domestic addresses*:
- Dec. 9 — APO/FPO/DPO (ZIP Code 093 only) Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- Dec. 11 — APO/FPO/DPO (all other ZIP Codes) Priority Mail and First-Class Mail services
- Dec. 15 — USPS Retail Ground service
- Dec. 18 — APO/FPO/DPO (except ZIP Code 093) USPS Priority Mail Express service
- Dec. 18 — First-Class Mail service (including greeting cards)
- Dec. 18 — First-class packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
- Dec. 19 — Priority Mail service
- Dec. 23 — Priority Mail Express* service
Alaska and Hawaii residents should check usps.com for their deadlines.
The Postal Service says consumers concerned about COVID-19 exposure don’t have to leave home to ship their packages. They can simply visit usps.com or use the Click-N-Ship feature for help shipping that holiday gift, ordering free Priority Mail boxes, printing shipping labels, purchasing postage and even requesting free next-day Package Pickup.
More Stories for you
• City reports 161 new positive cases of COVID-19 for November 20, 2020
November 20, 2020 Total positive cases: 7,954 Currently hospitalized: 80 There are 161 new positive cases of C…
• Pink Friday encourages customers to shop local, support small businesses
SAN ANGELO, Texas – Pink Friday is a grassroots effort to put more emphasis on local businesses. Owners of The Roost…
• City of San Angelo: COVID-19 update, Friday, November 20, 2020
SAN ANGELO, TX — Mayor Gunter, Dr. James Vretis, and Judge Steve Floyd held a press conference at 2:00 P.M. Friday, N…
• TGC Health Department announces two deaths linked to COVID-19
SAN ANGELO, TX — The Tom Green County Health Department has confirmed two more deaths from causes related to C…
• Adoption is an Option: Meet Hailey
November is National Adoption Month. National Adoption Day in 2020 is on November 21. Currently, there are thousands of…
• H-E-B Thanksgiving options
Many people are preparing for the Holidays that are fast approaching and HEB joins us today to tell us all about they…