SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Starbucks is giving away free coffee nationwide to first responders and healthcare workers dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.
In a statement, the coffee chain said the promotion is underway now through May 3.
Any customer who identifies themselves as a first responder or worker in the healthcare system will receive a free tall coffee.
Those who are eligible include:
- Police officers
- Hospital and medical staff, researchers
The deal is applicable at participating Starbucks locations across the US.
Since the start of the pandemic, Starbucks shuttered many of its locations and limited services to drive-through services only.
Additionally, Starbucks said its foundation will also be donating $500,000 to organizations delivering care packages and needed medical items such as personal protective equipment.
- Travelers opting for ‘bucket List’ destinations after pandemic
- Elon Musk donates $1M to BCIC, more potential housing in downtown Brownsville
- Walgreens offering $25 incentive to people who get COVID-19 vaccine
- Dozens of Hawaiian baby squid blasted into space for NASA study
- Senate set to take up voting rights bill as Republicans push back