To assist citizens with child custody arrangements and online exchanges, the San Angelo Police Department has designated two parking spots as a “Safe Exchange Zone” at Police Headquarters.
The spots are located towards the southeast side of the north public parking lot, 401 E. Beauregard. The Safe Exchange Zone will be up and running for public use on Friday, July 20, 2018.
Although the Department’s Headquarters parking lot has been informally used for years to make child custody exchanges, the Department is publicly inviting parents and guardians, as well as online buyers and sellers, to use this newly designated area for in-person exchanges.
The Safe Exchange Zone is designated by signs and will be well-lit at all hours of the day so that members of the public can trade legal items, including internet sales, or conduct child custody exchanges in a safe atmosphere promoted by a police-protected and camera-monitored environment.
If you cannot use the San Angelo Police Department’s Safe Exchange Zone, please always keep these safety tips in mind:
- Use a public parking lot that is well-lit and under surveillance.
- Never go alone, there is safety in numbers! Bring a friend or family member with you.
- Always let others, friends or family, know where you are going, what you are doing, and what time you are meeting.
- Don’t meet at your home and never agree to transactions occurring at night.
- Call 911 immediately in an emergency!
Information courtesy of the San Angelo Police Department
More Stories for you
• Missing person search concludes at O.H. Ivie Reservoir; boater found deceased
UPDATE: A search for a missing man at O.H. Ivie Reservoir has concluded. The victim, 66-year-old Benny Frank Henderson,…
• SAISD announces several new director hires
The San Angelo Independent School District (SAISD) announced several new director hires in the district this …
• 7-Eleven is giving away free Slurpees
If you’re looking for a way to cool off this Wednesday, or maybe you just need a sugar fix, then 7-Eleven might have a…
• ASU Designated as a National “College of Distinction”
Angelo State University was designated a national ‘College of Distinction’ award this week.ASU is one of only 375 …
• How president’s conservative SCOTUS pick could shape Texas politics
AUSTIN (Nexstar) — President Donald Trump’s pick for the United States Supreme Court could solidify the high court’s s…
• San Angelo To Go expanding
The delivery business is currently working on expanding opportunities for their employees, due to the fact that the…
• Local makes way into the Guinness Book of Records: Ties Around Neck
“I’m known for wearing the most neck ties at once,”San Angeloan Jeremy Munoz says.Jeremy Munoz, a Computer Science…