SAN ANGELO, Texas – San Angelo ISD recently refinanced a portion of its current bonded indebtedness resulting in an overall savings of $7,839,070 to district taxpayers over the remaining
life of SAISD bond payments through 2034. This equates to just over $600,000 in
savings per year beginning in the 2021-2022 school fiscal year. The refinancing will
create a present value savings of 10.38% over the life of the bond as a result of the
decrease from an interest rate of 4%-5% to a much lower interest rate of 1.571%.
Assistant Superintendent of Business Support Services Dr. George McFarland
proposed district administration pursue the refinancing of a portion of its current
bonded indebtedness at the July 20, 2020 SAISD Board meeting, and the Board of
Trustees approved. Bonded indebtedness refers to any formally executed written
agreement representing a promise by a unit of government to pay to another a
specified sum of money.
SAISD originally passed a bond in 2008 for facility construction projects and
improvements. In 2015, SAISD was able to lower the interest rates and refinance
that bond. The district has now again taken advantage of refunding a portion of
these bonds, a process similar to refinancing a loan, which will allow significant
district savings over the remaining life of the bond.
To stay up-to-date on San Angelo ISD news, visit the SAISD website at www.saisd.org
and follow their Facebook page.
Courtesy: San Angelo ISD Communication Department
More Stories for you
• Clear the Shelters 2020: The partnership between Concho Valley PAWS and the City of San Angelo Animal Shelter
SAN ANGELO, Texas — San Angelo’s Concho Valley PAWS is the organization that helps get pets adopted out of the City of…
• City urges boaters to clean, drain and dry boats to prevent zebra mussel infestation
SAN ANGELO, Texas – Cited in a July 31 news release, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) has upgraded O.H. Ivie…
• Cornyn: Texas small businesses to receive $18.6 million in COVID-19 relief grants
WASHINGTON – The Department’s Economic Development Administration (EDA) is awarding $18.6 million to numerous small…
• 34 new cases of COVID-19 confirmed by the Tom Green County Health Department
SAN ANGELO, Texas – The Health Department is continuing to provide updated information regarding COVID-19 tests in San…
• 41st death from COVID-19 confirmed by TGC Health Department
SAN ANGELO, TX — The Tom Green County Health Department has confirmed the 41st death related to COVID-19, according t…
• Multiple Law Enforcement agencies investigating after suspect named in federal warrant for Possession of Child Pornography turns gun on himself
SAN ANGELO, Texas – UPDATE 8/13/20 6:00 P.M. Per the DPS – Today, at approximately 8:30 a.m., the Texas Department o…