UPDATE 8:00 AM: According to the Ballinger Police Department, the situation was resolved around 10 PM Thursday night and everyone is safe.
UPDATE 7:50 PM: The hostage negotiation team was able to get one of the woman’s family members to convince her to release the child safely from the house.
UPDATE 7:30 PM: The subject is still barricaded inside of the house and officers are trying to negotiate with her to come out of the house.
At 1:30 officers received a call about a suicidal woman at 806 North 5th Street in Ballinger. Upon arrival officers tried to make contact with the woman, who pulled a gun on officers and threatened to shoot the officers.
At that time Abilene PD was called in to assist the situation. According to officers, the woman has not threatened the child at all. The only threat the woman has made is against law enforcement. Abilene PD and SWAT arrived around 3 PM and took over the scene.
BALLINGER, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Abilene police are responding to a reported hostage situation in Ballinger.
The hostage situation is at 5th and Eubank, and involves a suicidal person and a small child.
Officials are asking residents to avoid the area.
Several law enforcement agencies are responding, including Ballinger police, Abilene police, the Runnels County Sheriff’s Office and the Texas Rangers.
- Missed kicks, penalties cost Cowboys
- KSAN Storm Team Weather Update Sunday September 27, 2020
- KLST Digital Weather Update: Sunday September 27th
- Grandma dubbed ‘Zoom Karen’ goes viral after interrupting virtual class to blast BLM, Obama
- Poison control officials warn of hand sanitizer that could be mistaken as children’s food pouches