Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Shallots and Rosemary
• 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• ¾ cup peeled and sliced shallots
• 2 teaspoons brown sugar
• 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
• 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• Serve immediately
• Heat 3 teaspoons oil in a medium skillet over low heat.
• Add shallots to pan, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Sprinkle with sugar; cook 20 minutes or until shallots are golden, stirring occasionally.
• Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water.
• Bring to a boil; cook 8 minutes or until tender. Drain.
• Place potatoes in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add rosemary, salt, and pepper; beat until blended.
• Spoon into a bowl; top with shallots, and drizzle with remaining 2 teaspoons oil.