At 2pm, on January 26th, North Branch Library hosted their “Music and Literature” event.
Young children and their parents who attended the gathering, had the book “The Song of the Six Birds” read to them.
As the book was being read, a flute was played to match the birds that were being described in the book.
Afterwards, the children were encouraged to paint pictures of the birds or of people playing the flute.
This event has been done at multiple schools around the area.
After all activities were completed, children were allowed to grab snacks and take books home with them.
More Stories for you
• San Angelo Elks Club Hosts Fish Fry To Raise Money For Women Veterans Association and Family Shelter
This year, the Elks Club put on their very first fish fry, with all proceeds going towards the Women Veterans’…
• Local veteran makes better beards
Many great American companies over the decades got their start in someones garage. One such business has sprung up in …
• After Receiving Top Ten Gold Award, Angelo State Athletics Hosts Military Appreciation Day
Saturday afternoon, Angelo State hosted Military Appreciation Day at their basketball doubleheader in the Junell…
• Central High School Cheer Team wins first ever NCA title
The Central High School Cheer team competed in the National Cheerleaders Association High School Nationals competition…
• The Eola disc golfer competition raises money, food for Salvation Army, federal workers
The Eola, Texas Ice Bowl was today to raise money for the Salvation Army and gathered food to distribute to federal…