SAN ANGELO, Texas – Veterans Day is Monday, November 11, 2019.
- November 9: The annual Veterans Day Parade in Downtown San Angelo. The parade begins at 11 a.m. KSAN and KLST will broadcast the parade live.
- November 9: The San Angelo Elks Lodge, located at 2121 S. Chadbourne St., will be serving a free meal for veterans and their families after the parade until 3 p.m.
- November 9: The Casual Pint will be holding a Veterans Day celebration immediately after the parade.
- November 11: The City of San Angelo is offering this invitation, “The public is invited to the Veterans Commemorative Ceremony at 11 a.m. Monday, Nov. 11 at Fairmount Cemetery, 1120 West Avenue N. The keynote speaker will be Col. Andres Nazario, 17th Wing Commander – Goodfellow Air Force Base. Mayor Brenda Gunter and State Rep. Drew Darby will also be participating in the ceremony. “
- The Angelo State VETS Center has several events going on throughout the month.
ROTC Veterans Day Vigil Information:
From Angelo State University, “Angelo State University’s Air Force ROTC Detachment 847 will commemorate Veterans Day and honor the nation’s military veterans with a Flag Retreat Ceremony and Candlelight Vigil on Wednesday, Nov. 13, at the ASU Memorial Oak Grove next to the Mayer Administration Building, 2601 W. Ave. N.Activities will begin with the Flag Retreat Ceremony at 4 p.m. in front of the Mayer Administration Building. That will be followed by:
- Welcome Remarks – ASU Cadet Nicholas Reyna
- Invocation – ASU Cadet Kassidy Feldman
- Guest Speaker – Retired Air Force Chief Master Sgt. Ed Bendinelli
- Guest Speaker – Susan Williams, ASU director of affiliated military and veteran services
- Goodfellow Air Force Base Honor Guard Roll Call
The Candlelight Vigil will begin at 5 p.m. with ASU cadets standing vigil and reading aloud short biographies of ASU alumni veterans.The first cadet reading will be followed by a reception in the Mayer Administration Building. The vigil and readings will continue at the Memorial Oak Grove until midnight.All the activities are open free to the public and are sponsored by ASU’s Carr Squadron of the Arnold Air Society, Silver Wings professional student organization, and ROTC Det. 847. “
- Texas State Parks are offering free admission to veterans and active duty personnel on November 10.
- Texas Roadhouse will give all retired and active duty military members a free meal from a select menu on November 11.
- Cotton Patch Cafe in San Angelo gives this message, “Every Veterans Day, all our restaurants are proud to serve our Award Winning Chicken Fried Steak or Chicken Fried Chicken FREE to all Veteran’s and Active Duty Military.”
More Stories for you
• San Angelo Schools Foundation Hosts Grants to Teachers
On Tuesday, November 12, 2019 the San Angelo Schools Foundation will host their annual Grants to Teachers Award…
• KLST News at Noon – Interview with Morgan Chegwidden
In today’s KLST News at Noon, we sat down with Morgan Chegwidden, Assistant Director of Neighborhood and Family…
• Upcoming Sunset Mall events
SAN ANGELO, Texas – Sunset Mall in partnership with Alejandro Fine Art is holding an event called “The Art of Shopping”…
• Sunset Mall to launch ‘Holiday Salute to Heroes’ campaign November 9
SAN ANGELO, Texas – Sunset Mall is kicking off its annual Holiday Salute to Heroes campaign on November 9, 2019. To…
• CVHP News: November 7, 2019
Join Senora Scott every weekday morning for CVHP News. This will be a webcast letting you know what we’re working on …