SAN ANGELO, Texas – The Tom Green County Sheriff’s Office seized drugs, firearms, and ammunition after a traffic stop on November 3.
According to the TGSO, Deputy William Kirkland stopped Michael A. Meza for a traffic violation in the 7900 block of US 87 North. Deputy Kirkland picked up on several indicators of possible criminal activity.
The deputy then requested assistance from a San Angelo Police Department K9 unit. The K9 alerted on the vehicle.
After getting probable cause to search the vehicle, the deputy found “a large quantity of illegal drugs,” five firearms, and ammunition.
The substances found include:
- 529 grams of methamphetamine
- 51 grams of heroin (Black Tar)
- 52 grams of heroin
- 22 grams of cocaine
- 19 grams of marijuana
Authorities also found $690.00 in U.S. currency.
Meza is charged with three counts of Manufacturing and Delivery, one count of Possession of Marijuana < 2oz, and five counts of felon in possession of a firearm.
More Stories for you
• Region 15 robotics competition underway at Foster coliseum
SAN ANGELO, TX – Foster Communication Coliseum hosted the 16th annual Region 15 Robotics Competition. Organizers with…
• Angelo State University honors students to present research at national conference
The following is a press release from Angelo State University: “Ten students in the Angelo State University Honors …
• H-E-B Feast of Sharing interview with Lynn Shipley and Nick George
Lynn Shipley and Nick George from H-E-B came by to tell us about the 23rd annual Feast of Sharing on Sunday Nov. 3rd at…
• State Amendment Propositions on the November 5th Voting Ballot
SAN ANGELO, Texas – On November 5th, voters throughout the Concho Valley will have 10 proposed State of Texas…
• God’s Country Menudo Cook-Off raises money for San Angelo families
SAN ANGELO, Texas — 24 teams competed in the 8th annual “God’s Country Menudo Cook-Off.” More than a thousand people…