GEORGIA (WFLA) — A convicted rapist is on the run after being released from prison by mistake.
Tony Maycon Munoz-Mendez was released on accident from Rogers State Prison in Reidsville Oct. 25 around 11:30 a.m.
Munoz-Mendez was serving time after being convicted of rape and aggravated child molestation charges in Gwinnett County.
He began serving a life sentence in April 2015.
Anyone who sees Munoz-Mendez is urged not to approach him, but instead call 911 immediately.
- KSAN Storm Team Forecast Saturday October 24, 2020 10PM
- HIGHLIGHTS: West Texas A&M outguns Rams in offensive shootout
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lake View falls to Snyder in regular season finale
- KLST Evening Forecast: Saturday October 24th
- KSAN Storm Team Forecast Saturday October 24, 2020 6PM