In observance of Veterans Day, most City of San Angelo offices will be closed Monday, November 12.
Fairmount Cemetery will host its traditional Veterans Day ceremony at 11:00 a.m. Friday, November 9, which is open to the public. Mike Boyd, a retired colonel in the Texas Army National Guard who served in Operation Iraqi Freedom and in Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan, will be the keynote speaker. Boyd is also the retired president of First Financial Bank in San Angelo and was named San Angelo’s Citizen of the Year in 2016.
More than 1,400 American flags will be placed on the graves of veterans buried at Fairmount, 1120 W. Avenue N, at 2:00 p.m. Sunday, November 4.
Fort Concho, including the Barracks 1 Visitor Center, will be open from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. November 11-12 for self-guided tours. The fort’s living history volunteers will also participate in the Veterans Day parade downtown at 11:00 a.m. Saturday, November 10.
Here is a list of City operations that will be closed November 12:
- Station 618 and Santa Fe Crossing senior centers
- Southside and Carl Ray Johnson recreation centers
- McNease Convention Center
- San Angelo-Tom Green County Health Department
- Fairmount Cemetery’s business offices
- Municipal Court
- San Angelo Nature Center
- San Angelo Animal Shelter
There will be no interruption of garbage collection or landfill operations.
City offices will reopen on Tuesday, November 13 at 8:00 a.m..
More Stories for you
• Twin Buttes teasing equalization hopes; Ivie surpasses 200,000
As rain turned into drizzle and mist, the FM 853 low water crossing of the Big Rocky Creek was closed to traffic due t…
• 10/25/18 Jail Log
Thursday, October 25, 2018 Tom Green County Jail Arrest RecordsOver the last 24 hours, 8 people were booked into the…
• Concho Valley This Morning Update (October 25, 2018)
In your Thursday morning update, get the projected number of early voters in Tom Green County, also learn details on…
• Flooding shutters five Texas state parks with no timetable for reopening
BURNET, Texas (Nexstar) — Five Texas state parks are closed to the public after recent Central Texas flooding forced T…
• Rain and Runoff Can Be Harmful To Pets
Rain and runoff water can be harmful to your pets if they swim or drink it.North Bentwood Veterinarian, Dr. Victor…
• October 2018 ranks 4th wettest month on record for San Angelo, TX
October 2018 is one for the record books when it comes to rainfall totals.As of 4:30 p.m. October 24, San Angelo has…
• Tom Green County Sheriff’s Office to hold 4th Annual Trunk or Treat
The Tom Green County Sheriff’s Office and Law Enforcement Families will be hosting their Fourth Annual Trunk or Treat…