CAC Swore in 5 New CASA Volunteers

News

The Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) of Tom Green County will be swearing in new Court Appointed Special Advocates Tuesday, July 26th at 5:00 p.m.  Tom Green County’s Court Appointed Special Advocates, or CASA, program was established in March of 1987, and was incorporated into the Children’s Advocacy Center a year later in 1988.  
 
CASA of Tom Green County’s mission is to provide children in the foster care system with a volunteer advocate who will passionately pursue the child’s best interests throughout the duration of their case, and secure for them a safe and nurturing permanent home.  Currently, CASA serves only 60% of children in foster care, leaving 40% of the children in our community without representation.   
 
A child with a CASA volunteer is more likely to find a safe and permanent home. Statistically, the child is less likely to re-enter foster care and more likely to succeed in school. Without a CASA volunteer, a child on average will spend over eight months longer in care.
 
More CASA volunteers are crucial to provide a volunteer for each child in foster care. Every child in our community deserves a chance, and CASA volunteers work tirelessly to ensure that the children they serve are provided with services and mentorship that will expedite their healing process, and allow them to thrive.  
 
The swearing in ceremony will be held at the CAC’s second location, 11 W. Beauregard on Tuesday, July 26th at 5:00 p.m.  For more information about the CASA program, or questions regarding the process to become a CASA, call (325) 653-4673 or email mblue@cactomgreen.org
                                   
The CAC is non-profit umbrella organization that offers hope and healing for abused and neglected children through four programs: Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), Hope House, Family Enrichment Services and Child Fatality Review Team.
   
 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.