HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — The racing community is mourning the death of Balluzzo from injuries sustained during a crash at Saturday night’s modified feature at Langley Speedway.
Balluzzo was a 10-time champion at Langley Speedway.
A statement from Virginia Motor Speedway remembers Balluzzo as a chamption both on and off the track.
“He won the hearts of our fans with 11 track championships and a driving style that made him one of the most respected competitors we’ve ever known.”
Balluzzo was featured in a story by WAVY News 10’s Nathan Epstein last year after his daughter was diagnosed with pediatric Leukemia.
This is breaking news and will updated throughout the day.
Stay on WAVY.com for the latest updates.
- Trump opposes postal money that would help vote-by-mail
- Cornyn: Texas small businesses to receive $18.6 million in COVID-19 relief grants
- Babe: Dak has plenty of weapons
- Washington man stuck in woods for 3 days saved by his dog
- Man loses left eye after being tased by Arkansas police