MERTZON — Irion County cruised to a 57-8 third quarter mercy-rule victory over District 14-1A Divison I opponent Veribest at O.K. Wolfenbarger Stadium.
The Hornets (8-1, 2-1 in district) move one step closer to clinching the final playoff spot in their district.
Irion County’s regular-season final is against Eden at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 6 at Sanders Field.
More Stories for you
• Christoval welcomes McFarland, USA star for visit
CHRISTOVAL- The Christoval Cougars cross country team heard from Thomas Valles, who was a stand-out cross country…
• HIGHLIGHTS: Sonora Bi-District Champions over Grape Creek
SAN ANGELO, Texas– The UIL Volleyball playoffs are officially here. Sonora and Grape Creek played in the Bi-District…
• Week 10 Preview: Central returns home, Small school district title and playoff scenarios
Bangs vs Ballinger, 7 p.m. Friday at Bearcat StadiumBallinger head coach Chuck Lipsey is no stranger to this matchup….
• Ozona ‘not downplaying importance’ of district showdown with Mason
OZONA — Since suffering back to back losses in Week 2 and 3, Ozona is on a five-game winning streak, outscoring…
• Central looking polished through two district games
SAN ANGELO — Through two district games, Central is unbeaten and in sole possession of first place in District…