SAN ANGELO- The first chapter of the Jeff Girsch era of Angelo State football is in the books, as the Rams finish the season at 8-3, third place in the Lone Star Conference.
The head coach emphasized during preseason media day that this would not be a rebuild year for the Rams, and this team was ready to compete this year. Despite dropping their final two games of the season, the Rams boasted one of the top defenses in all of Division II, and the former defensive coordinator will return all starters on that side of the ball next season.
Jeff Girsch reflected on his first season as head coach, and the foundation built for years ahead.
More Stories for you
• Miles’ Skyler Brooks commits to UNC
MILES- Skyler Brooks signed her letter of intent on Monday morning, committing her softball career to the University of…
• Davis will remember senior class for work ethic
SAN ANGELO — Central failed to advance past Arlington Martin in its 10th consecutive playoff appearance.
• Season Pass Ep. 14: Central, Lake View fall in playoffs; Rams drop regular season finale
SAN ANGELO — Season Pass returns to recap another week of Concho Valley sports. Join host Ryan Reynolds as he recaps t…
• KLST Player of the Week: Rodgers scores 10 touchdowns in Eden’s first playoff win since 1994
SAN ANGELO — Four touchdowns in one game is a quality outing, seven touchdowns is nearing the record books, but ten t…
• HIGHLIGHTS: Angelo State falls to No. 23 Texas A&M-Commerce
SAN ANGELO — No. 23 Texas A&M-Commerce handed Angelo State a loss in the final week of the regular season on S…