SAN ANGELO, Texas — 24 teams competed in the 8th annual “God’s Country Menudo Cook-Off.”
More than a thousand people gathered to taste the best of the best menudo’s around San Angelo.
Over the last 8 years, the funds raised by the cook-off have helped over 60 families in San Angelo who are going through rough financial situations.
Organizers of the cook-off say it all began with an argument among friends over who made the best menudo.
“8 years ago friends arguing about who had the best menudo. We put it on and had 8 teams that first year that raised $3000,” said Roger Hernandez, President of the cook-off.
Hernandez said they plan to continue putting on the cook-off for years to come, but might need to relocate as more and more people attend every year.
More Stories for you
• Region 15 robotics competition underway at Foster coliseum
SAN ANGELO, TX – Foster Communication Coliseum hosted the 16th annual Region 15 Robotics Competition. Organizers with…
• TGSO: Large quantity of drugs, firearms, ammunition seized after traffic stop
SAN ANGELO, Texas – The Tom Green County Sheriff’s Office seized drugs, firearms, and ammunition after a traffic stop…
• Angelo State University honors students to present research at national conference
The following is a press release from Angelo State University: “Ten students in the Angelo State University Honors …
• H-E-B Feast of Sharing interview with Lynn Shipley and Nick George
Lynn Shipley and Nick George from H-E-B came by to tell us about the 23rd annual Feast of Sharing on Sunday Nov. 3rd at…
• State Amendment Propositions on the November 5th Voting Ballot
SAN ANGELO, Texas – On November 5th, voters throughout the Concho Valley will have 10 proposed State of Texas…