San Angelo, Texas- Most city offices will be closed Wednesday, November 11, in observance of Veterans Day. There will be no interruption of garbage collection or landfill operations. City offices will reopen at 8:00 a.m. Thursday, November 12.
Among the city operations that will be closed November 11th:
- Station 618 and Santa Fe Crossing senior centers
- Southside and Carl Ray Johnson recreation centers
- McNease Convention Center
- San Angelo-Tom Green County Health Department
- Fairmount Cemetery’s business offices
- Municipal Court
- San Angelo Nature Center
- San Angelo Animal Shelter
Fort Concho, including the Barracks 1 Visitor Center, will remain open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. November 11 for self-guided tours. There is no admission fee but donations will be accepted.
In addition, the public is invited to the Veterans Commemorative Ceremony at 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, November 11 at Fairmount Cemetery, 1120 West Avenue N. The keynote speaker will be Donnie Dunagan, retired U.S. Marine Corps drill instructor and voice of Disney’s “Bambi.”
The Friends of Fairmount Cemetery Board needs volunteers to help place American flags on the graves of veterans buried at the cemetery. There are more than 1,600 service members buried at Fairmount – spanning from its origins in the 1800s up to present day.
The flag placing will occur at 2:00 p.m. Sunday, November 8, beginning at the cemetery gazebo. For more information about the flag placing, contact Martha Elder at 325-656-1705.
Observed each year on November 11, Veterans Day honors the service of all U.S. military veterans.
Source: City of San Angelo
More Stories for you
• Take the Red Kettle Challenge: Salvation Army Virtual Bell-Ringers Needed This Christmas!
Courtesy of Salvation Army San Angelo Texas: San Angelo, Texas- Christmas is fast approaching! Shoppers will soon be…
• Voting in Tom Green County
SAN ANGELO, Texas – As preparations are made for election day, county officials are surprised by how many voters…
• Cover for Kids! Hispanic Heritage Committee Youth Face Mask Distribution
Courtesy of The Hispanic Heritage Committee of San Angelo: San Angelo, Texas -The Hispanic Heritage Committee will be…
• 49 new cases of COVID-19 confirmed by the Tom Green County Health Department
SAN ANGELO, Texas – The Health Department is continuing to provide updated information regarding COVID-19 tests in San…
• TGC Health Department confirms 91st COVID-19 death
SAN ANGELO, TX — The Tom Green County Health Department has confirmed the death of another patient from causes r…