Meet 14-year-old Calvin.
Calvin loves nature and spending most of his free time outdoors. He’s especially passionate about fishing and one time, he even hooked a 15-inch bass!
Calvin is also into sports like basketball and football – says the Dallas Cowboys are his favorite team.
He is described as respectful, calm and will always lend a helping hand when cooking meals in the kitchen.
Calvin would thrive in a family that could provide unconditional love and a structured environment, since he thrives on routine.
If you think you could be Calvin’s forever family, or for another Texas child, you can call toll free 800-233-3405 or log on to adoptchildren.org for more information.
The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
• be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
• complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
• share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
• provide relative and non-relative references,
• show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
• agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
• allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
• attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.