Home Destroyed in Fire

Home Destroyed in Fire

A local home was destroyed in a fire, Saturday morning.
A local home was destroyed in a fire, Saturday morning.

Firefighters responded to a structure fire at the 200 block of North Madison around 9:00 a.m.

Fire Marshal, Ross Coleman, says they were able to spot the fire miles away due to the heavy smoke.

Upon arrival, firefighters quickly evacuated the home; four engines, heavy rescue, two medical companies, and a command truck assisted with Saturday's structure fire that took over an hour to put out.

Coleman says, the fire started in the laundry room near a gas water heater causing the fire to spread rapidly throughout the house and into the attic area.

One firefighter suffered a minor sprained ankle, no other injuries were reported.

A pet rabbit was also safely evacuated from the home.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus