Ready to shop for a new floor? So much lies ahead, let Shaw guide you through
the process. The better you understand not just what you like but what your room
needs, the better your flooring selection will be.
Think about room
* How do you use the room most?
* What types of
activities are common in this room?
* What are the room's lighting
* What is the size of the room?
* Does the room flow into
others or stand alone?
Think about existing or intended
* How do you want to feel when you're in this
* What types of furnishings do you have?
* What's the style
of the room? Traditional? Contemporary? Rustic?
* What's the feel of the
room? Casual? Formal? Somewhere in between?
Consider risk factors
for the room:
* Will people have food in this room?
kids play in this room?
* Will kids play with their food in this
* Does the room directly open up to the outside?
* Do you
have indoor pets?
Understand expectations for the
* Is your new flooring purchase motivated by style or
* Are you living with this new flooring or planning to
sell your home?
* What's the first thing you want to notice when you
enter the room?
The better prepared you are to answer these
questions, the easier it will be to select the best flooring for your home.